1400 E. King Street
Lancaster, PA 17602
Lancaster, PA 17602
Historic Lancaster City, founded in 1730, is in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch Country and is the home of the Central Market. The city offers may wonderful gift shops, restaurants, pubs, coffee houses, consignment and antique stores. Other area attractions include the Strasburg Railroad and Museum, the Sight & Sound Theatres, the Tanger and Rockvale Outlets and various farmers' markets and craft shows. American Music Theatre, Hershey Park, Dutch Wonderland and in the fall, the Renaissance Faire are just minutes away from A New Beginning.
Our guests may enjoy sitting in our parlor with its working fireplace to watch TV, read or play the many board games we have collected over the years or to relax and renew after a day of shopping or touring the Amish countryside.
Rooms and Rates
A New Beginning features three delightful rooms and one suite. All feature a private bath, TV, air conditioning, ceiling fan and wireless internet. All rooms are cozily decorated and include comforting quilts and soft sheets. The Country Suite, Victorian and Americana rooms have stall showers while the Serenity Room has a whirlpool tub. All baths are equipped with thick, fluffy towels and hair dryers.
Gift Certificates Available
The Serenity Room, decorated in soothing shades of green, has an ideal corner location in the rear of the house that allows for quiet, restful moments. This room welcomes you with a wrought iron double bed and antique furniture. A spacious bathroom features a shower / whirlpool bathtub (one person) to relax and renew after a day of shopping or touring the Amish countryside.
Nightly Rate: $109.00
A warm and cozy atmosphere welcomes you with an Americana style cannonball pine queen-sized bed, patchwork quilt and antique furniture. Memorabilia from a previous time period brings a wonderful feel to this beautiful room decorated in warm tones of beige, brown and rust. The Americana Room features its own private bathroom.
Nightly Rate: $99.00
A queen-size cherry bed welcomes you with soft sheets and a luxurious quilt to warm and comfort you. This lovely room has its own private bathroom and features cooling shades of blue with three large windows and a window seat for quiet-time reading. The Victorian Room features a private veranda that overlooks the back garden. This is a favorite for romantic getaways.
Nightly Rate: $129.00
The Country Suite features softly printed wallpaper, a white queen-sized wrought iron bed and country -style decor. This two room suite has a separate room with a plush loveseat. The loveseat opens out to a twin-sized bed to accommodate an additional guest or for just relaxing. The Country Suite is ideal for that girls' weekend getaway. The Country Suite features its own private bathroom.
Nightly Rate: $119.00
In the morning, a full breakfast is served for your enjoyment. On weekends, breakfast is served at 9:00 am; while on weekdays, breakfast is served at 8:00 am in our formal dining room or on the front porch. Start your day with a typical New Beginning breakfast which can include:
- Gourmet coffees and teas
- Fresh fruits and juices
- Cereals - hot & cold
- Homemade granola & yogurt
- French toast, stuffed French toast, waffles or pancakes
- Quiche, omelets or eggs made to order with locally cured
meats served alongside
- Home-baked muffins, scones and pastries.
We are happy to accommodate special diets if you advise us in advance.
On the weekends at 4:00 P.M., guests can enjoy an
afternoon tea featuring cakes, brownies or other sweets.
We will be happy to arrange dinner reservations if you desire
and can recommend many wonderful restaurants in the area
ranging from fine dining to family style.
Before retiring for the night, enjoy a refreshing soft beverage
and home baked goodie available in our dining room.
As a guest of A New Beginning, we will make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible!
Click your location for printable directions in Adobe PDF format:
Click here for a interactive map to A New Beginning Bed & Breakfast - to use this map simply click on the blue dot, enter your starting addressing, and press enter to view directions to A New Beginning Bed & Breakfast.
If you require further directions please contact us at 717-393-5935 or email us at email@example.com
- Holiday weekends require a 2 night stay.
- All prices shown do not include a 6% PA sales tax, and a 1.1% local tax.
- All prices are for double occupancy. (Additional person see Policy #4)
- An additional person in a room where space permits is $20 per person per night ($10.00 for children 8 and under).
- Special rates for groups, corporate and extended stays.
- We accept cash, traveler's checks and of course, major credit cards. (Visa, MC and Discover)
- Reservations require a major credit card to secure the reservation. Payment due upon arrival.
a. Up to 1 week prior to check-in: No cancellation penalty.
b. Within 1 week of check-in: $20.00 cancellation fee.
c. Within 24 hours of check-in: $20.00 cancellation fee + 50% of room charge.
d. No-shows and same-day cancellations are subject to the full price of the room rate. (as an alternative, we would be happy to reschedule your visit for another time.)
- Check-in time is between 3:00 – 9:00 pm unless a previously arranged arrival time has been set-up.
- Check-out is 11:00 am.
- There are no refunds for early departure.
- In the guest hallway, a refrigerator, water cooler and microwave are available for your convenience.
- A parking area is located in the rear and you can enter through the side door.
- Sorry, we cannot accommodate pets.
- Non-smoking atmosphere for the pleasure and health of all our guests.